The Benefits of Clean-Design Homes
Clean Design Homes, also known as Green Design Homes, provide a multitude of benefits to both the homeowner and the environment. A Clean Design home is energy efficient, which can significantly lower its ecological footprint. Measuring a home’s ecological footprint has become a leading indicator of the demand that we place on nature and the overall impact on our planet.
Clean-Design Can Avoid Health Problems
Besides energy efficiency, a custom home architect is also concerned about the home’s Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). The idea is to minimize the possibility of respiratory problems, allergies, nausea, skin rashes and headaches that can plague people living with poor IAQ. For example:
- Using non-toxic materials. Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions cause a variety of health problems. Non-toxic building materials put less toxic waste in the air during construction and reduce the homeowner’s exposure to toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde.
- Achieving proper ventilation. When a home isn’t properly sealed, insulated, and ventilated, excess moisture can build up resulting in mold growth. Living with mold is a major cause of respiratory health problems.
Camelot Homes Builds Environmentally-Friendly Custom Homes
Every custom home architect involved in designing Camelot Homes is an expert in designing environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient homes. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Our homes are ENERGY STAR 3.0 rated, which results in lower annual heating and cooling costs.
- We use advanced methods to insulate and seal our homes.
- Our HVAC units have passive fresh air exchange.
- We ensure energy efficiency by using low E-3 dual paned windows, hot water heaters with recirculating pumps and timers, and 14 SEER rated heating and cooling systems.
- We use low-VOC paint to avoid releasing detrimental toxins, and we offer low-VOC carpet options.
When you visit one of our model homes, you’ll be able to breathe easy knowing that our homes are designed with today’s environmental issues in mind. We welcome you to visit us at Bocara or the Villas at DC Ranch in Scottsdale, or Gold Mountain Preserve in Northwest Phoenix. You will soon discover how high-end luxury and eco-friendly design are a natural fit.