- Use textured walls. Do you ever find yourself staring at the wall waiting for inspiration? Consider using textures to break up a painted wall. Rich wood paneling can provide interest and can be used throughout the room or as wainscoting. If you’re going for a more casual look, consider stacked stone, brick or shiplap for an old world flair.
- Plan for the level of privacy you need. If it’s quiet in your home office, you might want to install glass doors that still allow for light to come through. . If you prefer more privacy, consider hanging a barn door to close off your office area. Barn doors can coordinate with a farmhouse theme or modern design scheme depending on the materials and hardware used. Either way, barn doors are both a functional and beautiful addition to your custom house.
- Decide if you want an area to relax. Some people who work from home need to focus for long periods of time. If using a living or family room for breaks is pulling you too far away from the task at hand, include a sitting area in your office. You can take a break in an overstuffed chair and clear your head before returning to your desk.
- Plan for storage. Creating storage space in your home office is often a necessity for both personal and business matters. Your design needs to include adequate filing space to avoid using piles to organize your work. Built-in storage for documents and your book collection can make for a clean and sophisticated look.
- Use creative lighting fixtures. You’ll need good light to use your home office effectively. You will be able to plan for unique types of lighting if you’re building a custom house. For example, if your office will have high ceilings, you may want to accent the space with unique chandeliers.
If you’re looking for a custom house, we at Camelot Homes can help you create just the right ambiance for your home office. Contact us here for more information about creative options for every room in your new home. At Camelot Homes, we are in the business of bringing unique designs to life.