- In June 2016, our employees volunteered with Feed My Starving Children to help pack food for malnourished children.
- Last year, we devoted 1,400 hours and the time of many of our contractors over the span of two months to remodel a home for Boys Hope Girls Hope.
- For the past few years, Camelot Homes has adopted a family from Save the Family. At Christmas, employees help a family get back on their feet by giving them gifts from their wish list.
- Camelot Homes sponsors a food drive during Thanksgiving and Christmas for Homeward Bound for poverty-stricken families.
- Once a month, employees are allowed to take a paid half-day off work to volunteer with the charity of their choice.
That is why on Friday, Sept. 9, Camelot employees volunteered to paint the building of the Disabled American Veterans Department of Arizona (DAV). The City of Mesa launched the project and asked volunteers to donate their time in honor of veterans and the victims of 9/11.
Fifteen Camelot Home employees took time off work and painted alongside some of the families that live in our communities Each of them was grateful to be part of this fulfilling experience.
“Painting the DAV was very near to my heart. Many of my family members have served in the military, including my brother, uncles, cousin and son-in-law, who fought in the Vietnam War, the Korean War, the Gulf War and the war in Afghanistan,” said Sharon Daigger, Purchasing Agent for Camelot Homes for the past 12 years.
“Even though none of my family members are here in Arizona, it was very rewarding to be able to give a small portion back after the huge gift of freedom they have given me,” she added.
Krista Davis, a Purchasing Assistant for Camelot Homes for two years, said she was eager to volunteer.
“I think it’s very important to look outside of one’s own life and help others in need,” she said. “Our military members have sacrificed a great deal in order to keep our country free,” continued Krista, whose husband served in the military for six years.
As proud members of the community, Camelot Homes was honored to participate in this special September 11 commemoration.