Sausage and Cream Pizza
You don’t have to use a traditional tomato sauce on your pizza. For a bit of pizazz, why not substitute a heavy cream sauce instead? You can reduce some heavy cream over the open flame without having to add cheese as a thickener, but tossing in some zesty gouda or crumbled feta will also make a tasty treat. Here’s what you will need:
- Pizza dough (store bought or make your own)
- ½-cup heavy cream, whipping it by hand with a simple wire whisk.
- At least two selections of Italian sausage, chopped into small pieces of about ½” thick.
Cook the sausages in a skillet or metal pan over the open flame of your outdoor pizza oven. Throw in some green onions or sliced bell peppers. Once the pizza crust with cream sauce achieves a golden brown, spoon on the sausage and veggie combination in healthy doses.
The Me-Oh-My Meatball Pizza
This is a pizza that the kids will love! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Pizza dough
- Two ounces of tomato sauce
- A pinch of garlic
- A few slices of a soft salami, sliced about 1/8” thick.
- Two ounces of your favorite cheese
- Four large meatballs, approximately the size of a golf ball.
Starting with the pizza dough of your choice, pair it with a rich tomato and garlic sauce with perhaps a hint of added salami to bring out the flavor of the beef. You’ll cook the meatballs by grilling them directly over the open flame or by using a skillet, depending on the size of the meatballs.
One of the great things about an outdoor pizza oven is that even the most traditional recipe tastes ten times better when cooked over an open flame. Try one of these recipes or experiment with one of your own.
If you’re interested in learning more about Camelot Homes and creative options to include such as a pizza oven, contact us here.